Thursday, June 5, 2008

Its All Over!

The school year is finally over and even though I was counting down the days for it to come, it was actually a bittersweet feeling. I am so excited to be able to stay home with Marli and be a stay at home mom, but when I started taking down things in my classroom it hit me that I won't be teaching anymore and I got really sad. I won't miss the crying, tattling, nose picking first-graders, but I will miss their funny stories and the look in their eyes when they learn a new word, or how to add 10+10. I will also miss all the girls I worked with and the fun memories we had.


My empty classroom

All the girls I teach with that had a baby this year

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is a cool picture! You are a lucky woman to be able to now stay home! You have that great career that down the road you can go back to teaching and still have the same schedule as your kiddos. Both my sisters teach and each summer I get envious!!! Yay for Marli!!!

Tawny said...

Woa! That's a lot of teachers having babies! Cute. You look so pretty in that picture too!

Michele said...

Okay, I am a snoop and I found your blog. I hope it is okay that I was checking it out! I figured since I am in the picture I can comment on it! It was fun to see the cute pictures of your little Marli. I hope you keep in touch with us old teachers and come say hello once in a while!