Sunday, July 18, 2010

Growing Up Over Night

Today Marli was sitting behind me brushing my hair when she leaned forward and asked, "Would you like a ponytail or a bun sweetheart?". At that moment I thought 2 things - a. When did my little girl get old enough to play with my hair? (I swear I remember me doing this to my mom and sisters:) and b. Why is she talking to me as if she is the adult here? Then I took these pics of her talking to Reno on the phone, and I thought wow! she looks as if she should be 16! So I'm not sure if it is because of the experiences mentioned above, or because she has to pick out her own outfit everyday (sometimes 3 times a day) or the fact that she is now POTTY TRAINED (Hooray!), but I feel like Marli is growing up so fast and I'm not sure if I love it or hate it.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Craig and Natalie said...

Ahhhhhhhhh!! Holy cow she is soo funny. I can't believe she said that. Her little mind and the things it comes up with!

Anonymous said...

She does look so old! And, I think she is kind of a big deal! :)

jaclynn and michael said...

that is hilarious! Your girls are just gorgeous. speaking of saying funny things I was just laughing the other day about you and Nat in the car ride from the airport going one million miles an hour speaking a language no one could understand but you two! You gals make me laugh. oh and I went to food for thought today. wish you were here.

Caren said...

She really looks like 15! Glad we got to see you all. Such a cute family!