This year we celebrated Halloween all weekend. Friday we had a party with my family then that night we had our annual friends party. Saturday we carved pumpkins, went to the ward INDOOR "Halloween Festival" then did some trick-or-treating at Reno's cousins and grandparents houses. Sunday was pretty low-key, but Marli did want to wear her fairy dress all that day too. Our costumes this year were pretty fun - Laney was a darling peacock (that we borrowed from Troy and Jodi) Marli was a purple fairy, and Reno and I pretty much went as ourselves - AKA Jesse James and Kat Von D.
My mom puts together the funnest Halloween party for the grandkids every year.

We were hoping our costume would win us the crow trophy this year, but we had some stiff competition. How can you compete with two giant chickens? I think my favorite was still Kylee's purple overalls though
Congrats to Mugs and Ty, the winners this year! I'm not sure if it was the red tights or the self-inflating fan that helped win all the votes
Thanks Jess and Devin for hosting such a great party!
Carving pumpkins - You can see how not excited Marli was to get her hands in the goo.
Marli and Presli emptying all the candy bowls

Any time someone asked Marli what she was going to be for Halloween she would say a princess. Then I would say "No Marli, I thought you were going to be a fairy" and her reply was always "No, I already am a fairy - see!" Then she would lift her arms above her head a spin around. So I guess this wasn't really dressing up for her because in her mind, she already is a fairy



8 comments:
Awesome Halloween costumes!
Bri and I rarely dress up for Halloween. Perhaps next year we really ought to because it looks like fun!
Mel you and Reno look AWESOME!! Such a great costume, you guys should have won your contest, I love it!! The girls look super cute too!
Love the costumes!! So creative! I too think you guys should have won the contest!
Great costume. I think Reno should get some Dickies to knock in. ha ha
amazing costume you two! You so pulled it off perfectly!!!
you guys are awesome! seriously i love the outfits!!
i'm so glad i found your blog. sorry
i kinda blog stalked, cause i remember
you saying you had one. haha. ;) but
you and your family are so darling. i love your blog!
send me your email and i'll invite you to our blog.
nikkisheaj@gmail.com
You guys all look amazing. I LOVE the Jesse and Kat costumes. You guys pulled it off flawlessly.
You guys look great! So fun!
Post a Comment