Monday, January 18, 2010

Lookin' Good

Marli has finally (knock on wood) re-mastered the skill of falling asleep by herself, and sleeping through the night in her big bed. Part of her nightly routine is reading a story before bed. Two of Marli's favorites are Dr. Seuss' "There's a Wocket in My Pocket" and "Hop on Pop". She pretty much has these books memorized. To my surprise, Reno and I are both characters in these books. EVERY time we read Wocket in My Pocket Marli points to this little guy and says "there's mom!" and then continues to find "mom" on every page. Even as I am typing this Marli saw the picture on the screen and said "Look, its mama!". Just as I am about to question my self-image, I feel a little better when Marli points out "Dad" to me in Hop on Pop. Yes, in Marli's eyes, this attractive yellow creature shows some very close resemblence to Reno. Oh how we love when Marli shares with us some of the insights of her 2-yr-old mind!
Do I really look like this? I'm sure its just
because we have the same color of hair :)


"Reno" is the tall, handsome character on the right

7 comments:

Malarie and Jader said...

Hahaha that is hilarious! She is such a cute little girl. How are you guys doing? We are doing good, I'm just being busy being a mom, and I LOVE it!! Hope to see you guys around soon!

Mindy said...

That's too cute! Kids are so hilarious!! I'm crossing my fingers, but Addy is showing no interest in leaving her crib right now, and that's just fine with me!! We're going to start weaning her from her Binky soon and I'm absolutely Dreading her learning to fall asleep on her own again. I just want it to happen before the new baby comes, so I don't have 2 crying kids all night:) Any tips would be very helpful:):)

sam and brittney said...

Oh, my gosh!! That is too funny! I totally see the resemblance with Reno!

The Carlsens said...

I can't stop laughing at "Reno's" character. She is so cute. How's she doing in the Senior Nursery? I miss seeing her every week.

Laura said...

That cracks me up! But don't worry, Katie does the same thing with Scott and I with some of the strangest characters. It's totally random sometimes!

And congratulations on another girl! ... we noticed your pink ticker on the side. Having two girls is so much fun!!!

Kendall said...

I see the resemblence with Reno and "Pop" but you as the little guy? Yeah, I don't see it. (haha). Marli is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! They are probably just her two favorite characters!