Friday, March 5, 2010

Pure Entertainment

From the time she wakes up in morning, Marli has me laughing. Every morning she has something new to say when I go get her out of bed. It usually starts with her yelling "Mom! Mom!", when I finally pull myself out of bed to go get her these are a few of the phrases she greets me with in the morning:

  • "It's dark in here!" (on the days she woke up before the sunshine at 6:30 or 7)
  • "Where are you?"
  • Yelling to me while I'm still in bed - "Mom! What you doing in there?"
  • "I want to make my bed"
  • "I need to blow my nose!"
  • "I want to watch the Olympics on the couch"

Seriously, the things she comes up with sometimes are amazing! Most the day she is busy chatting my ear off and copying everything I say. Here are some pics of what we have been up to the past month or two.


Reno built Marli her first fort, or "house" is what she called it. She loves crawling through and hiding in tunnels.


Even though it is freezing outside, one of Marli's favorite outfits these days is her swimsuit. If I looked that cute in a swimsuit I'd probably want to wear it all day too!

Marli and Macie - Marli loves it when her cousins come over to play

Always unpredictable... When Marli is quiet for too long I know I will either find this:
Marli had set up all her books on the chair and she was reading them out loud to herself. It was the cutest thing ever! I love listening to her "read" to herself, especially the books she has practically memorized.
Or this...
Marli showing how happy she is that she gets to eat her smoothie on the couch next to Dad.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

She's so adorable!! I can't believe how big she's getting and her hair is so long!!! How's your pregnancy going??

emily+brett said...

gotta love the things kids say. marli really is adorable and love the pic of her and reno on the couch. she is all too cute!

Brandon and Anjanelle said...

So cute! I love the fort and swimsuit outfit! Its going to be so fun to see her as a big sister!