Monday, April 21, 2008

Graduation Trip

To celebrate Reno's upcoming graduation we took a trip to the big NYC! The #1 reason for the trip was to go to Yankee Stadium and watch the Yankees vs. Red Sox. The game was awesome, and the stadium was amazing! Along with the game we toured the city, walked down Time Square, and then spent a few days in Long Island with my aunt and uncle. We brought Marli along for trip and, as always, she was the star of the show! She was such a trooper - being cooped up on the plane, spending hours in her carseat, even sleeping in a drawer in our hotel room.

Times Square
Marli sleeping in our tiny hotel room
(yes that is a drawer she is sleeping in)


"Congrats Reno!"
Reno loved seeing his name on the screen at Yankee Stadium!

6 comments:

jaclynn and michael said...

That is just so fun. Im so jealous. And marli in a drawer...ahhh. How bout this. Me mic and Nat can pick you up and then you and Nat can talk so fast we wont have a clue what your saying then we can go to lunch. Do you have time for this before you leave?

Jodi said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time in NYC! We cant wait to have you down here in Texas. Tell Reno to quit posing like he wants a job with Teen Vogue.ha ha!

Clint and Karley Root said...

OF COURSE! 2 1/2 hours early. Gotta See them warm up and the opening pitch. that's what clint says. It's so funny how marli slept in a drawer, because last week we flew to denver for the braves vs rockies game, and she slept in a drawer with a bunch of blankets too! So when do you guys move for the summer?

The Jensen Family said...

Marli is so cute! You will have to send me your emial so we can add you guys to our blog. (laciehjensen@gmail.com). Your NY trip looks so fun, Jory and I want to take a trip out there this summer. Go Yankees (actually I really mean go Derek Jeter)lol.

Jessica said...

Your little girl is adorable. Marlee (spelled different) was the name I totally wanted for this last baby that was supposed to be a girl but of course was a boy!! I love the name and she is gorgeous. I giggled when I saw the 2 1/2 hours early for the game. Couldn't miss BP huh? I got to your blog from Jory and Lacie's. Your family is adorable. We have a link from our blog (themadsenclan.blogspot.com) for past players. I always like to ask first to see if you wouldn't mind it we put your link on there. I just figure it might be a good way for us to follow all these cute families just starting out and also for the guys to maybe meet up with past players. Just leave a comment on my blog if that's okay! Hope everything else is good for your family! Maybe we will see you at the BYU game next week! BTW - Eric was envious that you were at Yankee stadium!!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that you got to miss a few days of school to go! I sure hope so. Marlie is looking little a little heartbreaker. Well, Melanie just 23 more days until our retirement! Thank goodness!!