Monday, September 21, 2009

Bye Bye Chicago!!

Our summer of selling is finally over and to celebrate we spent a few days in the windy city before we came back to Utah. I think we did as much as possible in two days - bike tours and boat tours, shopping, baseball game, Sear's tower, museums, etc. But the best part of our whole trip was having Reno all to ourselves!! I am so happy that he is finished selling so that we can spend time together as a family
.
Riding the train into town - we became pros at public transportation

Us and Sue, the largest T-rex


Cubs game and Wrigley field. As always, we were there about two hours early.

This bike tour was one of the highlights of our trip. You ride bikes through all the different neighborhoods of Chicago. Chicago seriously has it all, we felt like we went through 5 different cities on this tour. It has the big city feel, quiet quaint neighborhoods with the cutest townhouses, nice parks, and beaches!! I felt like I was in a movie half of the time. Marli of course loved the ride. She made herself quite comfortable resting her legs on Reno's seat so he had a hard time sitting down most of the ride. She even took a nap along the way.



Beautiful Chicago skyline

Another highlight of the trip was the American Girl store. I don't know who was more excited to be there - me or Marli. Marli loved looking at all the dolls, especially when we got to the Bitty Baby section. We probably spent an hour in there watching Marli try to maneuver both strollers. Lucky for her Santa is bringing her her very own doll this Christmas:)


Here we are standing out on the Sear's Tower Skydeck!!


We loved all the fun experiences we had in Chicago this summer and hope we can come back to visit again soon!!

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Those pictures of her asleep in the bike are so cute! I'm so jealous you got to spend a few days in Chicago before you left! Addy and I sure miss hanging out with the wives everyday!