Monday, October 13, 2008

New Project


Our biggest project since we've been home is to get our year supply of food storage. It isn't exactly easy (or cheap), but we know that it important for us to be prepared in case of any kind of emergency. Our friends Bo and Steph got us all excited about doing it and gave us some great tips. We don't have a ton of space to store it all, but we figure it is better to have some than none at all. If you don't have food storage yet, you should start. I'm not saying it's the end of the world or anything, but the way things are these days you never know what could happen. As I have been researching I have found some really good blogs and resources that have helped. Check out these sites if you want some good tips: http://www.myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com/ , http://www.everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com/ and http://www.providentliving.org/.
Happy shopping!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

What an awesome post. Food Storage has been weighing heavily on my mind but I have done... NOTHING!! I keep saying.. when we get into the new house and have somewhere to put it!! You are awesome! I will be for checkin' out the blogs! Thanks!!!

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

Wow that is so awesome. We've started doing some food storage too, but it's no where close to what you guys have. Did you put it in the closet under the stairs? Your blog is really cute. Marli of course is so adorable. We need to get together. Especially since we live right next to eachother!!

HWFA said...

Melanie!!
OKAY ... so when you say you are back, does that mean in Utah??! I got your blog link off Laura's blog (of course, she has everyone there!)

I'm so excited to see your organized food storage ... that has been my project as well the last month or two. It's a long process. Thanks for posting some links, good info! I'm in the gathering stage still, and need to move onto the organization stage to figure out what I still need. Been throwing in some emergency prep items as well along the way. Yours all looks so organized and tidy, Love It!

Hope we run into you guys soon, it would be great to see Marli in real-life and compare storage notes! Meredith

Brandon and Anjanelle said...

Wow! You're my good example now for food storage! Way to go! You did just what you said you would - it looks great! Keep it up! and come help me whenever you want to... to find more space in my condo... :)

Ryan and Jess said...

Hey you guys,

Thanks for the food storage info. There's no better way to find these great sites and deals than word of mouth. We are getting into it as well. It's kinda fun as we've been trying to find deals and doing it together. You guys have the cutest little family ever!

Ry and Jessica

:: ashley :: said...

I love myfoodstorage deals, they have awesome ideas! Jessica Jewett told me she knows you guys, small world!

Tawny said...

Hi Mel! Jess and I have been doing the exact same thing lately. We're so serious about it, we've been feeling the urge (or direction-inspiration) constantly lately. It's a priority. This is my favorite blog resource to use http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com

Love ya! I wish I could have been at the annual Halloween bash. Clever costuem idea ;)