Friday, July 31, 2009

This month has gone by crazy fast!! I have not posted for long time so here are some pics of what we have been up to. Marli is seriously getting so big and so old!! She passed the 19 month mark last week! I feel like I have a little shadow and echo walking around with me at all times. She is so observant and picks up on everything I do, it is kind of scary! She is also talking so much and tries to copy everything I say. Some of her new favorite words are "gross", "banana" (which actually sounds more like balalala), "ball", "shoes" and "elmo". Her favorite foods are "rolls" - any kind of bread, sandwich or muffin is a "roll", baked beans, and bananas. She definitely keeps me entertained and there is no one I would rather be 'stuck' with 24/7! (except for maybe her dad:))
One day when Marli was finished eating she gathered up everything on her tray and handed it to me and said "all done". She had even put the crusts from her bread in the yogurt cup. Thats a step up from the usual throw-everything-onto-the-floor that she normally does.
The other day I was fixing dinner and I could hear Marli playing, but I couldn't see her. Well, she had found a new hiding place - inside the dryer!! This was after she had dug through my bag of flour like it was a pile of sand.The reason I haven't posted in a month is because every spare minute of my day I have been doing this:10 hours a day, 70 yards of chiffon, and 5 trillion ruffles = The cutest skirts ever!! I have been sewing pettiskirts for all my nieces for Cory's wedding. They turned out so cute, but I would not be sad if I never had to sew another ruffle in my life.
My little copy cat

5 comments:

Jessica Peterson said...

I knew you could sew but Seriously Mel, I had no idea you were such a seamstress! I am Soo impressed! Hows things going out there? When you guys heading back? We are heading back end of August. Can't wait to get back and hang out.

Anonymous said...

So so so cute! You need to show me how you did that? THat or make me one and I will seriously buy it from you! I need one for props. My website will be up in a few weeks, I have been busy too. But seriously Mel....that is impressive. You have a lot of patience! You should come home and sew with me again!

Woods said...

She is growing up so dang fast! I miss her! Look at you and your amazing sewing! I think I might need some lessons when you get home. It looks like you have been having a blast!

Shannan said...

I found you through Andrew Hansens blog, I am his aunt and I grew up around the corner from Reno. He wouldn't remember me but I couldn't believe that he is all grown up with a family! he used to come swimming in our pool and was a really cute kid. You seem like such a great mom and Marli is darling. Will you please post pictures of your yellow skirts when they are done? They look amazing. Thanks!

Craig and Natalie said...

Omg I am lol at Marli's stories. She is hilarious. Can't wait to see her and for our play dates when I come out!